2021 flew by; now we’re face-to-face with 2022, so it’s a good time to review the events and lessons of the year behind us and draw on them to predict what’s ahead in Commercial Excellence. While acknowledging those who excelled in some very volatile times.
In the business world, everybody seems to put out a review of what’s happened in the past year. Some of the factoids and statistics about 2021 we’ve seen published recently that have particular relevance for pricing and sales professionals in pursuit of Commercial Excellence?
- 67% of B2B buyers have switched to vendors providing a more “consumer-like” experience, according to one study. That move to B2B eCommerce means that pricing and sales teams needed to transition to platforms capable of delivering personalized pricing and negotiation in real time, or close to it. Even if they’re managing incredibly varied and complex catalogues targeting a broad array of customers.
- The global B2B eCommerce market is seeing a torrid growth rate, and will hit over $51 trillion by 2030 as more enterprises turn to digital commerce.
- How disrupted were global supply chains? Accenture found that 94% of Fortune 1000 companies felt the pain of those disruptions, and 55% downgraded their growth outlooks as a result.
- Shipping costs, at one point, had risen to – wait for it – 13 times their pre-COVID levels, with cargo ships stalled at anchor 2.5 times longer than usual as they tried to make port.
In retrospect, it was an annus horribilis of massive proportions, and the reverberations will be with us for a long time to come. Possibly forever, as companies and markets have undergone huge transformations as a result.
Learning From 2021 to Make the Most of 2022
Taking stock of 2021 will be part of the agenda at our upcoming webinar, Looking Back and Ahead: Key 2021 Takeaways and the Top 3 Predictions for 2022.
During the session our CEO, Bruno Slosse, and Ben Blaney, Vice President, Customer Success will touch on past and future developments in Commercial Excellence, pricing optimization, and sales optimization, and more:
- We’ll take an in-depth look back and examination of the highlights of the past year for our customers, for the marketplace, and the Vendavo team.
- They’ll share our top three predictions about what may lay in store in the year ahead, and how to use those insights in your Commercial Excellence journey.
- Reveal the winners of the 2021 Commercial Excellence Awards, those leaders who have gone above and beyond in their pursuit of Commercial Excellence Maturity, Innovation, Digital Transformation, and Value Outcomes.