Last Updated: July 7, 2020
Vendavo is committed to protecting your privacy and respecting your preferences concerning the treatment of your information. This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) describes how we collect, use and share personal information about our site and application visitors, our customers (collectively referred to as “you”), and the options available to you with respect to your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through Vendavo websites, service applications, social media pages, and HTML-formatted e-mail messages (we’ll refer to them as “Digital Services“, as well as through offline sales and marketing (such as direct mail, phone, and physical events).
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What Does Vendavo do?
We at Vendavo specialize in B2B margin and profit optimization solutions with real-time, data-based insights that help organizations stay ahead. We are headquartered in the United States but also have group companies in Europe.
What Information Does Vendavo Collect?
- The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide directly We will collect information that you provide us through your use of our Digital Services or when you otherwise engage with us, including when you create a Vendavo account, submit registrations and forms, make sales inquiries and other transactions with Vendavo (e.g., when you register for events or other online and offline offerings of Vendavo, subscribe to newsletters, participate in online surveys, discussion groups, forums or Vendavo’s chat service, when you engage in a Vendavo promotion, or when you otherwise submit your contact details to Vendavo). The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information but will likely include your contact information (such as name, business email address and title) and details of your communications with us.
- Information that we collect automatically When you visit or interact with our Digital Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or US states such as California, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Digital Services, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors to and users of our Digital Services, where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Digital Services to our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies, pixels, web beacons and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources From time to time, we may receive or collect personal information about you from third party sources (such as via LinkedIn or from other business leads), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. The types of information we collect from third parties include basic business contact information and we will use this information we receive from these third parties for the purposes of our business lead generation or for the purposes of analytics, auditing, research and reporting.
- Information from Minors Vendavo’s Digital Services are not intended for nor directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
Who will Vendavo share your Information with?
Vendavo will share your information with the following categories of recipients:
- To our affiliates, third party service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Digital Services), or who otherwise process personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To an actual or potential buyer or other third party (and/or its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger, joint venture or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform any buyer or third party it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you:
- Where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (such as your contract for Vendavo services);
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or
- Where we have your consent to do so.
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party) this interest will normally be to operate our Digital Services, to communicate with you and respond to your queries, promoting Vendavo’s business, tailoring Digital Services, conducting research and development in relation to usage of our products and services for improvement purposes or for the purposes of detecting and/or preventing illegal activities.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” section below.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies
How Does Vendavo Keep Your Information Secure?
The security of personal information is a high priority at Vendavo. We apply organizational, technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal information that we process about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. Although no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure, we work hard to maintain safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements.
Where required by applicable law, we enter into written agreements with those third parties requiring them to adhere to all relevant data protection regulations and limiting their use of the data to the specified services provided on our behalf. If you have questions about your information security at Vendavo, please contact us at email@example.com.
Where is your Information Stored and Transferred?
Vendavo is a global company. Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. Specifically, our servers are located in the United States and Europe, but your personal information may also be stored and processed in countries around the world where we have affiliates, facilities and/or employees, or in which we engage with service providers. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in compliance with applicable law.
If you are located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, these measures include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with applicable data protection law. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
How Long Does Vendavo Keep Your Information?
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the following rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request the deletion of your personal information, you may do so at any time by submitting a privacy inquiry form or by contacting us using the details provided below.
In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request the portability of your information. Again, you may exercise these rights by submitting a privacy inquiry form or by contacting us using the details provided below.
You have the right, at any time, to opt-out of all Vendavo marketing communications by completing an opt-out request form. You can also opt-out of email marketing by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in any marketing emails we send you.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Note that such rights may be subject to certain conditions under applicable data protection laws, including for example taking steps to verify your identity when processing a request to exercise one of the rights above.
Sale of Personal Information
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) a “sale” of personal information includes activities which may not be traditionally thought of as a sale. Vendavo does not sell your personal information to third parties for monetary consideration, but it is possible that some of our practices could constitute a sale under the CCPA, including that we may in some instances share personal information with third parties for the purposes of targeted advertising. This relates to personal information of individuals who interact with our Digital Services as employees and agents of businesses that are either customers or potential customers with Vendavo. California residents have the right to opt out of any such sale of personal information, and may exercise these rights by submitting a privacy inquiry form or by contacting us using the details provided below.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, you can contact us either by submitting a privacy inquiry form, or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the mailing addresses below. The data controller of your personal information is Vendavo Inc. Our representative in the EU is Vendavo AB.
To contact us with general questions about data protection, or to exercise individual rights, please send your email to email@example.com.
To report a specific security concern or suspected personal information incident, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1401 17th Street, Suite 800
Denver, CO 80202
Kungsgatan 4A, 111 43,
Please do not report security concerns or suspected personal information incidents by mail.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. You can see when this Notice was revised by visiting the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. Any changes will become effective upon the posting of the revised Privacy Notice, except to the extent limited by applicable law.
Last Updated: November 2020
This Policy explains:
• What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
• How we use that information; and
• How you can access and update that information.
Information We Collect
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
In connection with an application we may collect the following information from you:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information;
- CV, résumé, cover letter, previous work experience or other relevant experience, education history, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have with us;
- Information as to the type of employment you are or may be looking for;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits and certifications held;
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g. employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards or professional memberships); and/or
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information disclosed or obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality and/or right to work in a particular country, medical or health information, if applicable, and/or your racial or ethnic origin.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may receive some additional information about you from third parties, including recruitment partners, background check providers, and publicly available sources. This information may include:
- Any of the above listed information may be provided to us by a recruiter or referee putting you forward for a particular role;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. LinkedIn profile, personal website);
- Reference information provided by former employers or in connection with your educational history, or from other references you direct us to; and/or
- Information provided through background checks, which may include criminal offence history and financial information in accordance with applicable local laws.
How We Use The Information We Collect
The information that you submit on the Careers Site will be used for Vendavo’s global personnel recruitment, management and planning purposes, as permitted by local law, which includes:
- To assess your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- To verify the information you provide to us, to contact your references and/or conduct background checks if you are offered a job;
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your application, including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities;
- Where requested and necessary, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit;
- To reimburse you for any agreed expenses and travel;
- For our legitimate business purposes, including: to evaluate and improve our recruitment processes, prepare and perform management reports and analysis concerning recruitment, and to administer any legal claims;
- To comply with or monitor compliance with any applicable law or regulation, legal process or enforceable government request; and/or
- To proactively conduct research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if you think you would be suitable for a role with us.
We may, with your consent, process your personal information for a specific purpose not specified above. For example, we may conduct diversity monitoring with your information if you elect to share it with us for that purpose.
Vendavo does not make any automated decisions in relation to your application without human involvement.
Who May Have Access to Your Information
- Vendavo Affiliates. We may share your information with other Vendavo group companies, depending upon where you have applied to work. Our affiliates share infrastructure, systems and technologies to process your information for legitimate business purposes including ensuring efficiency and security, as permitted by applicable law. If you have been referred by a current Vendavo employee then we may let that person know the outcome of the process.
- Service Providers. We work with third party companies for the purposes of hosting the Careers Site, recruitment and executive search, travel and accommodation services, relocation providers, and for the purposes of obtaining background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live, or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- Compliance with applicable laws and protecting our rights. We may be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies, external legal counsel or translators for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process. We may also share personal data with third parties to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security issues, technical issues or to protect other parties against harm.
- Consent. With your consent, we may share your personal information with other third parties, for example if you have given permission to contact referees. It is your responsibility to obtain consent from your referees before you provide their personal information to us.
- Transferring information from the European Economic Area (EEA). Vendavo operates in multiple locations, which means your information may be stored and processed outside of the country in which it was originally collected, including in the United States. These countries may have a different level of protection for your personal information than your home country. If you are in the EEA and we transfer information to countries or service providers who do not have adequate data protection laws (such as the United States), we use the standard contractual clauses which have been approved by the European Commission to safeguard the transfer. For more information, please contact us using the details below.
We will retain your personal information during the recruitment process. Once the recruitment process has ended, we will store information as follows:
If your application is unsuccessful: we will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (e.g. for record keeping purposes, to resolve disputes, etc). If you consent to us doing so, we may also retain your information for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other opportunities. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the details below.
If your application is successful: we will retain the personal information we collect in connection with your application in order to manage our employment relationship with you going forward. This information may be incorporated into our human resources system and may be used to manage the new-hire process; to form part of your employee file; and may be used for other employment-related purposes, subject to our employee privacy notice.
We may remove personal information relating to inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, Vendavo may delete personal information about you (including your CV/résumé) from our database at any time and without providing any reason. You should retain your own copy of any information you submit to us.
Passive Information Collection: Cookies and Similar Technology
Access and Control of Your Information
If you register on the Careers Site, you may access, review, and change your personal information stored therein by logging into the Careers Site and updating your account information. Such changes may be visible to Vendavo. The updated profile will be used as the default the next time you apply for a job using your account online. To change personal information that you have already submitted for consideration for a specific position, please update your profile and resubmit your application for that position. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes or is or becomes inaccurate.
Access and update your information: You may request access to personal information we collect, or its modification or suppression, where permitted by applicable law. Please use the attached form, contact us using the details at the end of this policy, with any such requests. In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to access or have changed.
Request deletion of your information: If you no longer wish to pursue a role at Vendavo you may withdraw your application at any time. You may also ask us to delete certain information about you after you withdraw your application or after the recruitment process has ended. Please note that we may retain some information, if required by law or as necessary to enable us to adequately resolve legal disputes or claims.
Any other requests: If you have any concerns at any time with regard to our processing of your personal information please contact us using the details below. If you feel that we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you may have the right to contact a data protection authority where you live, work or wherever you feel that your rights were infringed.
Security and Confidentiality
Vendavo uses appropriate measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information within our organization and information processed by third parties under our direction.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Careers Site may contain links to other websites. This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Careers Site links. The inclusion of a link on the Careers Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by Vendavo or our affiliates. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on those sites, including their privacy policies.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes on this page. You can determine when this Policy was revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend on the top of the page.
If you have questions or requests, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or contact us by mail at the following addresses:
1401 17th Street, Suite 800
Denver, CO 80202
Kungsgatan 4A, 111 43