Vendavo is committed to protecting your privacy and respecting your preferences concerning the treatment of your information. This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) describes how we collect, use and share personal information about our site and application visitors, our customers (collectively referred to as “you”), and the options available to you with respect to your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through Vendavo websites, service applications, social media pages, and HTML-formatted e-mail messages (we’ll refer to them as “Digital Services“, as well as through offline sales and marketing (such as direct mail, phone, and physical events).
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What Does Vendavo do?
We at Vendavo specialize in B2B margin and profit optimization solutions with real-time, data-based insights that help organizations stay ahead. We are headquartered in the United States but also have group companies in Europe.
What Information Does Vendavo Collect?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide directly We will collect information that you provide us through your use of our Digital Services or when you otherwise engage with us, including when you create a Vendavo account, submit registrations and forms, make sales inquiries and other transactions with Vendavo (e.g., when you register for events or other online and offline offerings of Vendavo, subscribe to newsletters, participate in online surveys, discussion groups, forums or Vendavo’s chat service, when you engage in a Vendavo promotion, or when you otherwise submit your contact details to Vendavo). The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information but will likely include your contact information (such as name, business email address and title) and details of your communications with us.
- Information that we collect automatically When you visit or interact with our Digital Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or US states such as California, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Digital Services, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors to and users of our Digital Services, where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Digital Services to our visitors.Some of this information may be collected using cookies, pixels, web beacons and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources From time to time, we may receive or collect personal information about you from third party sources (such as via LinkedIn or from other business leads), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.The types of information we collect from third parties include basic business contact information and we will use this information we receive from these third parties for the purposes of our business lead generation or for the purposes of analytics, auditing, research and reporting.
- Information from Minors Vendavo’s Digital Services are not intended for nor directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
Who will Vendavo share your Information with?
Vendavo will share your information with the following categories of recipients:
- To our affiliates, third party service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Digital Services), or who otherwise process personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To an actual or potential buyer or other third party (and/or its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger, joint venture or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform any buyer or third party it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you:
- Where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (such as your contract for Vendavo services);
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or
- Where we have your consent to do so.
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party) this interest will normally be to operate our Digital Services, to communicate with you and respond to your queries, promoting Vendavo’s business, tailoring Digital Services, conducting research and development in relation to usage of our products and services for improvement purposes or for the purposes of detecting and/or preventing illegal activities.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” section below.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies
How Does Vendavo Keep Your Information Secure?
The security of personal information is a high priority at Vendavo. We apply organizational, technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal information that we process about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. Although no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure, we work hard to maintain safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements.
Where required by applicable law, we enter into written agreements with those third parties requiring them to adhere to all relevant data protection regulations and limiting their use of the data to the specified services provided on our behalf. If you have questions about your information security at Vendavo, please contact us at email@example.com.
Where is your Information Stored and Transferred?
Vendavo is a global company. Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. Specifically, our servers are located in the United States and Europe, but your personal information may also be stored and processed in countries around the world where we have affiliates, facilities and/or employees, or in which we engage with service providers. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in compliance with applicable law.
If you are located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, these measures include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with applicable data protection law. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
How Long Does Vendavo Keep Your Information?
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the following rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request the deletion of your personal information, you may do so at any time by submitting a privacy inquiry form or by contacting us using the details provided below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request the portability of your information. Again, you may exercise these rights by submitting a privacy inquiry form or by contacting us using the details provided below.
- You have the right, at any time, to opt-out of all Vendavo marketing communications by completing an opt-out request form. You can also opt-out of email marketing by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in any marketing emails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Note that such rights may be subject to certain conditions under applicable data protection laws, including for example taking steps to verify your identity when processing a request to exercise one of the rights above.
Sale of personal information
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) a “sale” of personal information includes activities which may not be traditionally thought of as a sale. Vendavo does not sell your personal information to third parties for monetary consideration, but it is possible that some of our practices could constitute a sale under the CCPA, including that we may in some instances share personal information with third parties for the purposes of targeted advertising. This relates to personal information of individuals who interact with our Digital Services as employees and agents of businesses that are either customers or potential customers with Vendavo. California residents have the right to opt out of any such sale of personal information, and may exercise these rights by submitting a privacy inquiry form or by contacting us using the details provided below.
How to Contact Us?
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, you can contact us either by submitting a privacy inquiry form, or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the mailing addresses below. The data controller of your personal information is Vendavo Inc. Our representative in the EU is Vendavo AB.
1401 17th Street, Suite 800
Denver, CO 80202
Kungsgatan 4A, 111 43,
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. You can see when this Notice was revised by visiting the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. Any changes will become effective upon the posting of the revised Privacy Notice, except to the extent limited by applicable law.
By submitting an application to Vendavo you are deemed to have accepted the terms of this Policy. If you do not accept this Policy, you will not be able to apply for a position online.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide
We may collect the following information from you in connection with your application:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information;
- Username and password;
- Work authorization status;
- CV, résumé, cover letter, previous work experience and education information;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits and certifications held;
- Information relating to references;
- Background information through background checks; and
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards or professional memberships).
We ask that you avoid submitting the following sensitive information, except where such information is legally required: race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information. For applicants in the EU, we also ask that you not submit trade union membership information.
To the extent the personal information you provide contains details of your: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions or beliefs; religious beliefs; membership in a trade union or political party; physical or mental health or condition; sexual orientation; commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or related proceedings; job evaluations or educational records, you expressly authorize Vendavo to handle such details for the purposes of your job application.
If your application is successful, Vendavo may engage a third party to conduct appropriate background checks, depending on the role applied for and the laws of the country in which you reside. You may be asked to provide personal information in order for those background checks to be carried out. If applicable, details will be provided at that time, and your specific consent sought as required by law.
Any information you submit through the Careers Site must be true, complete and not misleading. Submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to a rejection of your application during the application process or disciplinary action including immediate termination of employment. In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us.
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from your references or from a background check report in connection with your application, as permitted by applicable law.
USE OF INFORMATION
The information that you submit on the Careers Site will be used for Vendavo’s global personnel recruitment, management and planning purposes, as permitted by local law, including:
- To process your application;
- To assess your capabilities and qualifications for a job;
- To conduct reference checks;
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your application, and to send you information regarding the Careers Site and changes to our terms and policies;
- To comply with or monitor compliance with any applicable law or regulation; and
- To conduct background checks if we offer you a position.
The information about you will be added to our international candidate database and may be used to consider you for opportunities at Vendavo. If you do not wish us to do this, please email us at email@example.com. If we hire you, personal information we collect in connection with your application may be incorporated into our human resources system and may be used to manage the new-hire process; any such information may become part of your employee file and may be used for other employment-related purposes.
We may also use the information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) to analyze the response rates to job postings and other statistical reporting.
Providing personal information to us through the Careers Site is voluntary. However, if you fail to provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your employment application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer or relocation.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information with affiliates that are involved in evaluating candidates for a given position. Vendavo, Inc. will remain responsible for personal information that is jointly used with affiliates. We will make the information available to personnel with a business need to know the information, including personnel in the recruiting, human resources, information technology, accounting, and legal departments, and in the departments responsible for the position for which you are applying and which interview you.
We may share personal information with our third-party service providers who provide services such as hosting and operating the Careers Site, recruiting assistance, background check processing, and similar services.
We also may share personal information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) to analyse the response rates to job postings and other statistical reporting.
We may transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may also retain your information for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other opportunities. If you do not wish us to do this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may remove personal information for inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, Vendavo may delete personal information about you (including your CV/résumé) from our database at any time and without providing any reason. Therefore, please retain your own copy of the personal information provided to us.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION: COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
If you register on the Careers Site, you may access, review, and change your personal information stored therein by logging into the Careers Site and updating your account information. Such changes may be visible to Vendavo. The updated profile will be used as the default the next time you apply for a job using your account online. To change personal information that you have already submitted for consideration for a specific position, please update your profile and resubmit your application for that position. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
You may request access to personal information we collect, or its modification or suppression, where permitted by applicable law. Please email us at email@example.com or contact us by mail at the address at the end of this policy, with any such requests. In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to access or have changed, whether you would like to have personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from such access, correction, or suppression rights pursuant to local data protection laws.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Do not send sensitive information to us via email. It is your sole responsibility to use the appropriate level of care whenever you communicate with us.
Vendavo hereby disclaims, to the extent permitted by local laws, any liability for itself and its affiliates and contractors for any personal information we collect in connection with your application that is lost, misused, illegally accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed or not timely delivered to our Careers Site.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Careers Site may contain links to other websites. This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Careers Site links. The inclusion of a link on the Careers Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by Vendavo or our affiliates. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on those sites, including their privacy policies.
The Careers Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.
CURRENT PERSONNEL OF VENDAVO
If you currently work for Vendavo or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Vendavo to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with the HR manager for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
The Careers Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time in order to address future developments of Vendavo, the Careers Site or changes in industry or legal trends or applicable law. We will post the revised Policy on the Careers Site or announce the change on the home page of the Careers Site. You can determine when the Policy was revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend on the top of this Policy. Any changes will become effective upon the posting of the revised Policy on the Careers Site, except to the extent limited by applicable law. By continuing to use the Careers Site following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes, except to the extent limited by applicable law. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, in whole or part, you can choose to not continue to use the Careers Site.
If you have questions or requests, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at the following address:
401 East Middlefield Road
Mountain View, CA 94043
Vendavo UK Limited
24 Chiswell Street
Vendavo CZ s.r.o
U Nákladového nádraží 8
Praha 3, 130 00