Transportation and Logistics companies are facing a time of unprecedented change as digitalization takes hold and customer expectations evolve. For example, Railways must balance declining demand with increasing complexity in the customer value delivery chain. Vendavo is the market leader in working with Transportation and Logistics companies to modernize their commercial processes in order to deliver a superior customer experience with greater profitability.
Transportation & Logistics
Return on sales for Transportation and Logistics companies that embrace analytics.
Lift in EBIT through automation and streamlined internal operations.
“Forecasted decline in revenue for US railways in 2020’”
Business Challenges of Transportation and Logistics
- Complex railroad/shipper/ purchaser relationships
- Rapidly changing commercial and regulatory environments
- Customer expectations are becoming increasingly complex
- Increasing competitive environment
- Limited digital commerce capabilities
- Lack of relevant customer context for negotiation
- Lack single integrated view of customer
- Preserve sustainable profitability for the business in the midst of unprecedented market turmoil
- Lack integrated data analytics and social supply chains to provide traceability and predictability
- Lack of value chain digitalization
- Supply and demand disruptions
- Limited use of artificial intelligence for business process improvement
- Need better profitability and performance visibility
- Historical data and cost-plus pricing does not reflect demand-based differentiations.
- Value created by rail services is difficult to measure and translate to pricing guidance
- Uncertainty in fuel cost and impact on profitability
- Lack of advanced commercial pricing models
- Limited pricing optimization for maximum profit
- Lack understanding of perceived customer segment value
Transportation and Logistics
Powered by Vendavo
Global Commercial Excellence in Transportation and Logistics